can you Freeze spaghetti Bolognese (meat mixture) if so how..?
Mrs Adam Gontier 3dg lol Asked: can you Freeze spaghetti Bolognese (meat mixture) if so how..?
do i freeze it like hot or cold
Also how do i freeze Homemade pasta bake with shop bought pasta bake sauce
Not sure about the pasta but you can freeze the bolognese but let it go cold.
If it's cooked just put it in the freezer. You may want to try putting it into
a paper wrapping around the container. They do that with meats and
custard to prevent freezer burn. The key to this is though, that once
you take out you shouldn't put it back in the freezer; less you suffer
"freezer burn". The bonus, if it is not baked yet, as long as the sauce is on-top
you shoould be able to cover it with aluminum foil and bake when needed (keep
the foil on). I do this with spaghetti pie (which is terrific BTW).
You can freeze the Bolognese in a ziplock bag. Make sure it is not hot to freeze it, the condensation will form and make it have freezer burn. Also, the air must be squeezed out or you will have the freezer burn problem.
The homemade pasta will freeze well, as long as the noodles are covered in sauce. I would wrap that with plastic wrap and then foil.
Let it cool down completely, then transfer the mixture into a Ziploc bag or a plastic container, seal it tightly and freeze it. The reason for not freezing it hot is that the heat might start to thaw out whichever foods are next to it in the freezer and that isn't good.
The same applies to the homemade pasta bake. Wait until it's cold (or at least room temperature) then put it in a container you can seal and then freeze it. It's a good idea to write the contents and date on a label so you remember what's in there and how long it's been frozen. It will have the best flavor and texture if you thaw and eat it within 3 months but you can freeze it up to 9 months or so.
To thaw it, leave it in the container in the refrigerator overnight, then either warm it in a pan on the stove or you can microwave it. I've microwaved things like that from their frozen state before but it will take longer to thaw then heat up, so make sure it is piping hot all the way through before serving.
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Incoming search terms:
- freezing spaghetti bolognese
- can you freeze spaghetti bolognese
- how long can you freeze spaghetti bolognese
- how long can you freeze bolognese sauce
- Can i freeze spaghetti bolognese
- frozen bolognese how long
- how to cook frozen spaghetti bolognese
- freezing bolognese sauce
- reheating frozen bolognese
- how long does frozen bolognese last
- how to reheat frozen bolognese
- how to cook frozen bolognese
- how to freeze spaghetti bolognese
- how long can you keep bolognese sauce in the freezer
- freezing bolognese
- can you freeze cooked spaghetti bolognese
- can you freeze spaghetti bolognese sauce
- how long will frozen bolognese last
- how long does spaghetti bolognese last in the freezer
- reheating frozen spaghetti bolognese
- can you freeze and reheat spaghetti bolognese
- can u freeze spaghetti bolognese
- how long can you freeze bolognese for
- how long does bolognese sauce last in the freezer
- how long does bolognese keep in the freezer
- how long does bolognese last in freezer
- how long can you freeze bolognese
- how long to keep frozen spaghetti bolognese
- can homemade spaghetti bolognese be frozen
- can you freeze bolognese sauce
- can you cook spaghetti bolognese from frozen
- freeze spaghetti bolognese
- can you freeze spaghetti bolognaise
- can i freeze bolognese
- can you freeze homemade bolognese
- can spaghetti colocgnese be frozen
- how long can homemade cooked meat sauce stay frozen before it goes bad
- defrost frozen spaghetti bolognese
- cooking bolognese from frozen
- defrost frozen bolognese in microwave
- spaghetti bolognese freezing
- why can bolognese sauce be frozen for only one month
- how long can you freeze bolognaise sauce for
- reheating bolognese from frozen
- how to reheat spaghetti bolognese
- reheating bolognese in tin foil
- pasta bolognese that has been frozen - can you defrost at room temperature?
- how long does bolognese sauce keep in freezer
- how long does bolognese last in the freezer